Humanist Freedoms features essays, stories and news about contemporary applied humanism and our shared humanity. We focus on individuality, the bonds of friendship and humanist action that celebrates humanity, dignity and humanist rights and freedom. We celebrate “us”. Please visit often!
Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect.Eleanor Roosevelt
Societies that stress uniqueness and individuality and that provide fertile terrain for friendship based on the personal and specific can actually be where our common humanity is more easily recognized.Nicholas A. Christakis
Recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.Universal Declaration of Human Rights
The Fine Print
- Please review our Terms of Service for detailed information regarding use of HumanistFreedoms.com.
- The views, opinions and analyses expressed in the articles on Humanist Freedoms are those of the contributor(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the publishers.
- While comments, criticism and other feedback is welcome. We do not guarantee that feedback will be shared with article contributor(s) or authors. Please see our contact page for further guidance on how to submit feedback
- We will undertake to correct any statements of fact that appear to be incorrect or out-dated. Please see our contact page for further guidance on how to submit feedback. When requesting corrections to articles, please provide detailed source information.
- We welcome submissions of news, fiction, essays and other content that may appeal to the humanistfreedoms.com readership. Use the contact page to inquire further. We will do our best to reply in a timely manner.