Join us for two days of education, activities, fun and fellowship.
We have an exciting *agenda of events including provocative guest speakers, discussion groups, activities, and more.
SATURDAY, APRIL 29 @ 1:00PM – SUNDAY, APRIL 30 @ 2:00PM
- Saturday Guest Speaker: Tibby Johnston – “Truth; How the Indian Residential System Broke Community, and becoming an Ally for Reconciliation”
- Panel Discussion: “Why Choose Humanism?”
- OHS Strategic Plan 2023 – Mission, vision and goals
- Complimentary professional portraits
- #FillYourLife – Ethical Actions Committee activity
- Discussion Group – “Humanists Solve”
- Catered Luncheon
- OHS Annual General Meeting
- OHS Ceremonies Committee AGM
- Hospitality and more
- Sunday Guest Speaker: Adam Shoalts – “Solo Journeys in the Wild”
Every year Adam Shoalts spends months alone in some of the most remote places in Canada, often going weeks or longer without even seeing another human. His expeditions have included crossing Canada’s Arctic alone to mapping rivers, tracking endangered species, and searching for lost explorers. Shoalts will discuss insights from his solo adventures with us, including the value of the wild in ever more interconnected, digital world.
*Agenda subject to change
Citations, References And Other Reading
Featured Photo Courtesy of : Ontario Humanist Society
The views, opinions and analyses expressed in the articles on Humanist Freedoms are those of the contributor(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the publishers.
By continuing to access, link to, or use this website and/or podcast, you accept the HumanistFreedoms.com and HumanistHeritageCanada.ca Terms of Service in full. If you disagree with the terms